Terms and conditions of sale
These conditions are applicable to all rentals concluded with Le Domaine Louise, 1961 Boulevard du Littoral, 83420 La Croix Valmer, France, with the exception of group bookings and events, which will be subject to specific contracts. The client therefore acknowledges having read these general terms and conditions of sale and undertakes to respect them.
1) All rentals are granted and accepted for a period stipulated in the specific conditions of the contract. It may not be extended under any circumstances, except with the prior written agreement of the Owner. Under no circumstances may the initial contract or any extensions thereof extend the rental period to more than 90 days.
2) The Client declares on his honour that he does not exercise or seek to exercise any profession in the rental business and that the premises which are the subject of this contract are rented to him only as a temporary holiday residence, major conditions without which this rental would not have been agreed.
II- CONFIRMATION OF THE RESERVATION
1) All bookings are firm and definitive once the contract has been signed and a deposit of 25% of the rental price has been paid.
2) The Client undertakes to take possession of the premises on the date of availability specified in the contract and to pay the balance of the rental three months (90 days) before the start of the rental period.
3) For bookings made 5 months or more before the arrival date, a deposit of 25% of the rental will be required, with the balance of 75% to be paid at least three months (90 days) before the start of the rental period.
4) For bookings made less than three months (90 days) prior to the arrival date, full payment of the rental will be required on signing the contract.
5) If the balance of the rental is not received three months (90 days) prior to the start of the rental period, the reservation will be considered cancelled.
6) Payment of the deposit, balance and security deposit can only be made by bank transfer. Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted.
III- CANCELLATION AND REFUND
1) Cancellation of a booking may result in the partial or total loss of payments made, as set out below. All cancellations must be made in writing.
The following cancellation charges will apply:
→ 90 days or more prior to the arrival date Loss of the deposit paid.
→ 45 to 90 days before the date of arrival Loss of 50% of the stay.
→ 45 days or less before the date of arrival Loss of the entire stay.
2) In the event of force majeure preventing travel or proper use of the property during the booking period, the booking may be cancelled without penalty.
3) Any requests for changes to the dates of the booking or the number of people must be made in writing to the Owner. The Owner reserves the right to agree to such changes subject to availability and to treat such changes as a cancellation and re-booking, in which case the penalties set out above may be applied.
4) If, for reasons beyond the control of the Owner, the property is not available for the period rented, the Client will be refunded the full amount paid, without being entitled to any other compensation.
IV- SECURITY DEPOSIT
1) The security deposit is due and payable 15 days prior to the date of arrival at the property:
→ Villa Louise, deposit of : 30.000 Euros.
→ Villa Reine, deposit of: 20.000 Euros
→ Villa Victoire, deposit of: 15,000 Euros.
→ Villa France, deposit of : 12,000 Euros.
→ Villa Grace, deposit of : 6,000 Euros.
→ Villa Mathilde, deposit of : 1,500 Euros.
2) It is paid to cover any damage that may be caused to the rented property and to the movable objects, or others, furnishing the rented premises. An inventory and inventory of fixtures is carried out on the Client’s arrival. Failing this, the Client is deemed to have received the premises in perfect condition and must return them as such, unless proven otherwise.
3) The security deposit will be reimbursed within 14 days of the Client’s departure, after deduction of any items replaced, any costs of restoration, additional cleaning (cushions, carpets, sofas or other items requiring professional cleaning, etc.) and any other charges due. If the security deposit is insufficient, the Client undertakes to pay the balance.
V- ARRIVAL – CHECK IN / DEPARTURE – CHECK OUT
1) Arrivals are from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. For any arrival after 8pm, we would be grateful if you could inform us the day before at the latest.
2) The Owner will provide the Client with 2 sets of keys to the property, including garage and gate openers, if applicable. On the day of departure, all keys and garage and gate openers will be returned immediately. If these are not returned at the time of departure, an amount of €500 will be charged to the Client for each key/gate opener not returned.
3) Departures are between 7.00 am and 11.00 am and the villas must be vacated by 12.00 pm at the latest.
VI- SERVICES INCLUDED
The rental of a villa at Domaine Louise includes the following services:
→ Personalised floral bouquet.
→ Courtesy set-up on arrival: Champagne or wine from the Côtes de Provence winemakers,
sodas, waters, fruit juices, Nespresso coffee, tea, linen room kit.
→ Concierge service: reservations for your services, management of the Villa
We include an average of 1 hour per room per day of one of our housekeepers, including cleaning of common areas and pool house
Cleaning on departure
Change of linen in the rooms is done every 4 days
Change of bathroom linen and pool towels at your discretion
Maintenance of the gardens and pools
24 hour security system with a 24 hour security team available in high season
VII- NON-INCLUDED SERVICES & DISBURSEMENTS
For any additional needs, we will adapt a personalized proposal according to your needs and expectations among which
– Pressing (washing and/or ironing): 50€ per hour (no dry cleaning, delivery within 24h)
– Additional cleaning hour: 30€ (outside the fixed number of hours)
– Blanket service: 20€ per room (from 7pm)
Domaine Louise also offers to personalise your arrival and your stay with a specific list of supplies tailored to your taste. This service will be invoiced to you at the actual cost of the expenses incurred on your behalf in addition to a fee of 60€ per hour of service.
This service requires a minimum advance payment of €500 which will be used to arrange the purchases on your behalf. A specific account will be made at the end of your stay, with all the receipts of expenses, for the balance of payment. All these rates are subject to change without notice.
VIII- OUTSOURCED SERVICES
We also provide you with the rates available for all additional and outsourced services with our privileged partners, to organise your stay in the best conditions and in a personalised manner:
→ Flights in private aircraft
→ Transfers from the airport by helicopter to our private helipad
→ Chauffeur-driven car transfers
→ Prestige car or electric Mini-Moke rental
→ Rental of our boat FJORD44 OPEN from the port of Cavalaire
→ Chef at home, waiters, butler.
→ Massage, beautician, hairdresser, sports coach.
→ Additional security
Domaine Louise has an approved helipad, available to our clients, to organise their transfers by private helicopter or with one of our preferred service providers. Use ON REQUEST and during the day only from 10.30am to 7pm.
X- POOL SECURITY
Your swimming pool is equipped with a safety system that complies with current standards. The client undertakes to validate the discharge of responsibility given on arrival.
Our pets are welcome at Domaine Louise, at their discretion and in limited numbers. The Client is responsible for ensuring the hygiene and cleanliness of their pets in the villas, gardens and park of the domain.
XII- INTERNET – WIFI
Domaine Louise offers free wifi internet access. The client user agrees that the computer resources made available to him are in no way used for reproduction, representation, provision or communication to the public of works or objects protected by copyright, by a right such as texts, images, photographs, musical works, audiovisual, software and video games, without the permission of the holders of rights provided in Book I and II of the Code of Intellectual Property when such permission is required.
XIII- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND FREEDOM – VIDEO SURVEILLANCE
In application of law 78-17, known as “informatique et libertés”, customers are informed that their reservation is subject to computerised personal data processing. Users have the right to access and rectify the data entered, which can be exercised at the head office: SARL GERCO – RCS LYON n° 495 071 953 – 129, Chemin du Moulin Carron – 69130 Ecully. It is specified that this information is not communicated to third parties. For security reasons, Domaine Louise has a video surveillance system in the common areas of the buildings and car parks.
XIV- OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER
1) The Client undertakes to take the rented premises in the state in which they will be when he/she takes possession as described in the description of the contract, as a holiday residence.
2) The Client shall use the property with dignity and discretion, respecting the neighbours and the neighbourhood, as well as the applicable regulations relating in particular to neighbourhood disturbances, parking of vehicles on the public highway or neighbouring private roads, disturbance of the peace, etc. The Client releases the Owner from all liability and irrevocably undertakes to fully indemnify the Owner (as well as its legal representatives, directors, employees, etc.) should the latter be prosecuted and/or be subject to any fines, penalties, convictions or any other harmful consequences as a result of misconduct by the Client or the occupants under its responsibility. It is specified that noise pollution must cease at 11.30 p.m. at the latest.
3) The Client shall not organise any public or private gathering or particular event likely to generate the presence in the property of a number of people in excess of the maximum authorised number as specified in the particular conditions of the contract, unless prior agreement is given by the owner. If such agreement is given, special security or service measures may have to be taken and the Client hereby accepts such measures and their cost, which is a minimum of 1,000 Euros per day.
4) The furniture and furnishings, including household linen, shall only suffer the depreciation resulting from the normal use for which they are intended. Those which, at the end of the rental period, are missing or have been put out of service, for a reason other than normal wear and tear, shall be replaced or repaired by deduction from the security deposit paid by the Client. This clause also applies to papers, drapes and the building in general.
5) The Client undertakes to use the furniture and objects in the rented property for the purpose for which they are intended and in the places where they are located. He is formally forbidden to transport them outside the rented premises.
6) The Client shall, within three days of taking possession, inform the owner of any anomaly noted.
7) The Client shall, at all times, allow the staff attached to the property to enter and work, whether it be to carry out the services provided for in the description of the property, the protection, preservation and security of the property or of the Client or the urgent work necessary to maintain the rented premises and/or repair the equipment.
8) Under penalty of termination, the Client shall NOT, under any circumstances, sublet or assign his rights under the contract without the express consent of the Owner; nor shall he allow others to use the property in his absence.
9) In the event of inappropriate use of the property, and in particular in the event of non-compliance with noise or parking regulations, or acts causing a disturbance to the neighbourhood, the rental period may be terminated immediately without refund of the rental fee or the security deposit in the event of damage.
10) The Client may only bring a pet into the property with the express prior agreement of the Owner.
11) The Owner declares that he has insured the buildings and furnishings belonging to him with a solvent company against the risks usually insured, with the waiver of any recourse that he or his insurers may have against the Client or the Client’s insurers after a claim. However, as an exception to the foregoing:
→ There shall be no waiver of recourse against the Client and his insurers in the event of theft or wilful acts on the part of the Client or persons for whom the latter is responsible;
→ The Owner’s insurance does not cover any goods or personal effects brought by the Client or persons for whom the Client is responsible or his/her guests into the property, including goods which such persons may have deposited in any safe deposit boxes provided by the Owner to the Client;
→ Neither the Owner nor the Owner’s insurers may be held liable for damage to such property.
12) It is the Client’s responsibility, if he so wishes, to take out an extension to the insurance policies he holds to cover any personal effects, including valuables, that he may have brought into the rented premises or deposited in the safes provided by the Owner.
13) By express agreement, in view of the waiver of recourse granted by the Owner and the Owner’s insurers, and by way of reciprocity, the Client, the Client’s guests and the persons for whom the Client is responsible, as well as their respective insurers, waive any recourse they may have against the Owner and the Owner’s insurers.
This waiver of recourse agreement shall be mentioned in the above-mentioned insurance policies.
The Client assumes responsibility for the actions or inactions of the occupants listed in the special conditions.
XV- OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OWNER
1) The Owner undertakes to make the rented accommodation available to the Client in accordance with the description and to respect the obligations resulting from these conditions of sale.
2) The Owner will do everything possible to ensure that the Client does not encounter any problems during the rental period.
3) The Owner will carry out routine maintenance and repairs to the property, including during the rental period. The Client shall immediately inform the Owner or his agent in the event of a malfunction of any of the facilities or equipment of the property.
4) Domaine Louise declines all responsibility for theft, loss or damage to the belongings of the clients during their stay. The customer will be held responsible for any damage, any degradation, any act of vandalism that could occur due to the occupation of the premises and / or due to the participants and / or staff under his responsibility, both to movable property, decoration and real estate belonging or not to the Domaine.
As a result, Le Domaine Louise may ask the Client to leave the establishment without any compensation or reimbursement and to reimburse the damage caused by its actions.
The Owner shall in no way be held responsible for any loss, deterioration, theft or other damage to the property, belongings and personal effects of the Client or the occupants.
5) All claims must be notified to the Owner in writing within two weeks (14 days) of the Client’s departure.
1) In the event of non-payment on the due dates or non-fulfilment of any clause of this agreement, and 48 hours after formal notice has been given, the Owner may demand immediate termination of the rental and the Client shall leave the rented premises by order of the judge in chambers.
2) The Owner reserves the right to terminate any stay due to the unreasonable behaviour of the Client or the Occupants.
XVIII- APPLICABLE LAW AND COMPETENT COURTS
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are governed by French law. This applies to both the substantive rules and the rules of form. Disputes shall fall under the exclusive jurisdiction of the French courts.
The Client confirms that he/she has read these Terms and Conditions carefully, that he/she has consulted a competent lawyer regarding the interpretation of the clauses and that he/she will be responsible for his/her own actions or inactions and those of the occupants entering the property during the stay.